Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Mom vs. Mommy

I realized this morning that I am no longer Mommy. Daddy is Daddy but I am now only known as Mom. Mama if I'm lucky. When did I just become "Mom"? In my mind, mom is what a big kid, well, calls their mom. Mommy is not needed any more to give super good morning hugs, to make dinosaur peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or to help chase out bad guys from the closet. Now the only time I am Mommy is when Dylan needs something he can't do on his own. And that doesn't happen very often any more. Yes, we still have our special moments together but I know I will miss being Mommy. I am still the only one who knows where the launch pad is in his room, which side of his monster truck blanket is the cold side, what song is the perfect accompaniment to teeth brushing and how to cuddle during the scary parts of a movie. I guess Mom is good enough for me.

1 comment:

  1. This was so tender. You are a terrific, loving mother/mom.

    ReplyDelete