Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Three Year Anniversary

Shane made this shirt for me
Three years now I have been happily married to my best friend. He may not be what I imagined my other half to be when I was younger, but he suits me to a t. Together we are raising three kids, one of which we actually decided together to create and now cultivate into a perfect combination of the two of us (or maybe he got either of our unsavory characteristics but luckily he is so darn adorable). We have made a motley crew into a family. We have paid off our credit card debt which shot up extremely when Shane broke (and sprained) his hand a month before the wedding and couldn't work for 6 weeks. We have made our house a home. We have survived losses of family members and have seen other relationships dissolve, all while trying to find what works for us. I have finally learned how to give him space when he first comes home and when he works for hours on a project to get it right isn't him avoiding me, it's how he shows love. He is definitely a character but luckily he's mine.






1 comment:

  1. I love you guys...and that shirt! Haha So glad we are family. xoxo

    ReplyDelete