|Trying to find the best arrangement for noodle to cheese to sauce ratio.|
Makes 4 Entrees, 4 Servings Each
1 (48oz) container cottage cheese (6 cups)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (12 oz)
1 cup shredded parmesan
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 (8oz) boxes of manicotti noodles (12-14 shells in box) uncooked
12 cups red sauce
Four 8in square baking dishes
Plastic Wrap & Aluminum foil
1. Mix cottage cheese, eggs, mozzarella, parmesan, salt and pepper in a large bowl. With your fingers or a spoon, stuff filling into manicotti shells.
2. Spread 1/2 cup red sauce in the bottom of each baking dish. Divide remaining red sauce evenly over the four dishes of manicotti. Wrap each dish entirely in plastic wrap.
3. Top with foil, label and freeze.
To Cook One Entree
1. Thaw in fridge or straight into oven.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Remove foil and plastic wrap from baking dish and replace foil. Bake 45 minutes if thawed, 1 hour if frozen. Remove foil and bake until noodles are tender.
Rewriting this recipe makes me want to make it again for a few moms I know who are due soon, and maybe one for our actual family to eat sooner than later.